- Be a resident of Manitoba;
- Study with an MRMTA member at the time of application;
- A scholarship winner in the junior, intermediate and senior categories will not be eligible to compete in the same scholarship level in subsequent competitions;
- At the advanced level a competitor may win twice, making them eligible to compete a maximum of two times at the CFMTA national competition. If a student has won any award at the CFMTA national competition they may not compete at the MRMTA advanced level a 2nd time.
- Scholarship recipients must achieve a minimum of 85% to win their category. You do not automatically win if you are the only competitor. The awarding of scholarships is at the discretion of the adjudicator.
- Recommendation for advancement to National competitions is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- Must be received by 9pm November 1, 2020.
- LATE APPLICATIONS must be received by 9pm November 11, 2020. A late fee of $20.00 per application will apply.
- Repertoire changes cannot be made after the application is submitted.
- IF your application is rejected for any reason, you will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. In all other cases, fees are non-refundable.
- For pieces not in the current RCM or CC syllabus: a copy of the piece must be emailed to the convenor for approval at the time of application. Music printed from IMSLP, or digital copies used by competitors and/or accompanists will only be permitted if documentation of copyright permission or digital purchase is scanned and emailed to the convenor.
- All competitors must perform from memory in the piano and vocal disciplines.
- Competitors in the instrumental discipline are highly encouraged to perform from memory but it is not mandatory. In the event that two competitors score the same mark, preference may be given to the memorized performance.
Applicants who do not adhere to the above regulations will be disqualified.