- Applicants must:
- Be a resident of Manitoba;
- Study with an MRMTA member at the time of application;
- A scholarship winner in the junior, intermediate and senior categories will not be eligible to compete in the same scholarship level in subsequent competition;
- NEW: At the advanced level, a competitor may win twice, making them eligible to compete a maximum of two times at the national competition. If a student has won at the national level for the CFMTA competition they may not compete at the advanced level a 2nd time.
- Scholarship recipients must achieve a minimum of 85% to win their category. You do not automatically win if you are the only competitor. The awarding of the scholarship is at the discretion of the adjudicator.
- Recommendation for advancement to National competitions is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- Forms may be obtained from the MRMTA website www.mrmta.org
- Applications must be received by 9pm November 1st.
- LATE APPLICATIONS must be received by 9pm November 11th. A late fee of $20 per application will apply.
- No refunds.
- Photocopied music used by competitors and/or accompanists will not be permitted unless documentation of copyright permission is presented on site to the competition administrator.
- All competitors must perform from memory in the piano and vocal disciplines
- The competitors in the Instrumental discipline are highly encouraged to perform from memory but it is not mandatory. In the event that two competitors score the same mark, preference may be given to the memorized performance.
Applicants who do not adhere to the above rules, will be disqualified.